We are looking for a Graphic/Web Designer to join our team and be based in our office at least three days a week - we are not looking for a freelancer, and we will not consider anyone who wants to work remotely more than two days a week.
- Hours: 40 hours but open to part-time applications
- Salary: circa £25k a year, depending on the experience and candidate - if part-time, would be offered on a pro rata basis
- Location: Coggeshall, Essex
- Bonus: annually reviewed and offered on a discretionary basis
- Professional support: training, support with networking, support with projects
- Holiday: 25 days annual leave, not including bank holidays, for a full-time position - if part-time, would be offered on a pro rata basis
- Perks: Perkbox account, office dog, free office snacks, pizza days, socials, finders fee, use of company MacBook Pro
The candidate we will hire needs to be educated to degree level in a relevant subject (e.g. Graphic Design) or have equivalent qualifications. We are looking for someone with at least two years of professional experience and who meets the requirements set out below. The position is not suitable for a graduate or someone without any experience or relevant qualifications.
The role will see you play a key role in many of our accounts, helping to deliver on the design of websites and also graphic design for other online or print work. We are also looking for someone who can come up with creative ideas for our own marketing. You will have direct communication with clients and will be responsible for producing logos, draft concepts and full web designs as well as pitching ideas to new leads.
To join our team, the right person will have certain personal attributes such as self-motivation, creativity, determination and positivity. Strong presentation and communication skills are essential, as interpreting what clients want and being able to deliver that through design can be challenging. A good level of self and social awareness are also key in order to work well with the rest of our team.
As a business, we are not focused on specific numbers of clients or projects we deliver, as we concentrate on quality. Many of our clients have been with us for several years because we do our best to understand how we can really achieve their company objectives and deliver value to them. Design, build and churn is not something we are interested in.
What also sets us apart is that we are willing to support each of our employees with any personal design or development projects they may want to do, without taking the IP away from them. We also offer all of our employees a finders fee, should they bring new clients to the agency.
WCD has been working with local, national and international companies since 2011 and we hope this will continue. However, we are also working on our own SaaS, and this is something that every member of our team can be involved in. This has the potential to grow our business, as well as the role of each employee.
- Website design - Adobe, Affinity or Sketch
- Strong portfolio of web design (not just graphic design)
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant position
- Understanding of good UX/UI
- Understanding of accessibility requirements
- Project management and working to deadlines
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- A personable approach
Qualifications - essential:
- Degree in relevant subject (lower second class honours at a minimum) or similar
To apply for this position, get in touch with [email protected].
We are hiring for this position directly ourselves at the moment, so if you are a recruiter, please do not contact us.