This privacy notice sets out how We Create Digital Ltd (WCD) uses and protects any information that you give WCD when you use this website.
WCD is a data controller, in the meaning of Article 4 of the GDPR. WCD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We adhere to all relevant legislation around data protection including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
WCD may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from 27 February 2018.
Should you have any questions at all about this statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title, organisation, contact information including email address and phone number – this is collected if you complete an enquiry form on our website
- Geographic information such as postcode
- IP address – which is anonymised unless you accept cookies in the cookie banner
- Other information relevant to client enquiries, surveys or our newsletter
- Website information – in order to support you with your work
The processing of this data is all carried out legally under Article 1 of the GDPR and only where consent has been provided.
What we do with the information we gather
During the course of carrying out our business and services we offer, we collect personal data. This is necessary in order to provide such services as we do and also to meet our legal obligations. We may also collect data for other reasons which are always clearly set out at the point of collection.
We require this information to be able to contact you, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our website and services
- We may periodically send emails about updates, offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and consented for us to hold and use for this purpose
- We may use it to display testimonials where consent has been given or where a testimonial has been posted publicly
- Process your enquiry
- Process data for a job application
We only use this data when we have received explicit consent from you for these purposes. If we wish to use your personal data for another purpose not outlined above, then we will seek prior consent for this processing. We will also provide a new notice setting out more detail, the appropriate conditions and any other relevant information.
The third parties we use on this website are:
- Plausible Analytics: to review visitors to the website and assess how various pages are used so we can improve user experience
- Mailgun: to process and respond to contact forms
- Tawk.to: to provide a help chat to answer questions or support clients
How we hold the information we gather
We have the following processes for storing data:
- When not required, the paper or files are kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet
- Employees make sure paper and printouts are not left where unauthorised people could see them, like on a printer
- Data printouts are shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required
- When data is stored electronically, it is protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts:
- Data is protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly and never shared between employees.
- If data is stored on removable media, these are kept locked away securely when not being used.
- Data is stored on designated drives and servers, and only uploaded to an approved cloud computing services.
- Servers containing personal data are sited in a secure location, away from general office space.
- Data is backed up frequently. Those backups are tested regularly, in line with the company’s standard backup procedures.
- Data is not saved directly to laptops or other mobile devices like tablets or smartphones.
- All servers and computers containing data are protected by approved security software and a firewall
Reviewing data we hold
We review the data we hold at least once a year to ensure we do not hold unnecessary data. If we review specific data and decide it is no longer necessary or appropriate for us to retain it, it will be removed and added to a log by the Data Protection Officer with minimal information, ensuring it is anonymous but describing how it was removed, what was removed and when it was removed.
Under the GDPR, you have the following individual rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You can find out more about your rights on the ICO website. If you have any questions about these rights in relation to WCD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact our DPO, firstname.lastname@example.org. She will aim to provide the relevant data within 28 days.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to lodge a complaint, you have the right to do this through the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Phone: 0303 123 1113
- Online contact form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email
- Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Disclosing data for other reasons
In certain circumstances, the Data Protection Act allows personal data to be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without the consent of the data subject.
Under these circumstances, WCD will disclose requested data. However, the DPO will ensure the request is legitimate, seeking assistance from the company’s legal advisers where necessary.